Sometimes I get questions through my “Contact Me” form, and I thought it would be helpful to post my replies to all. Keep checking back, you may find some useful info here!
P.S. I date all of my replies, because an answer I give today, may or may not be relevant in the future, so please keep that in mind when reading. But I like to keep all of the Q&A’s posted because it may help clear up some confusion about the way something at a site USED to be. Plus, I hate to discard something I’ve worked on because I am a little bit self-absorbed.
- Q: How do you get around doing the tasks on clixsense. I cannot get the engageme.tv videos to play continuously on a mobile with flash installed. I can get one video to play and earn just fine, but not after the first one. Really wanted the bonus you were talking about. Any suggestions? Any other offer you recommend?
- A: On ClixSense to do my offers, I go to ClixOffers –> Websites Explorer. There you will find the Jun Group videos. I usually do those until they run out. Then I do the Adscend –> EngageMe.TV videos. These two things are all I usually do for my offers. EngageMe.TV will not work on a mobile. It will however work on a Windows Tablet. When watching EngageMe.TV, I find it works best if I use Microsoft Edge for the browser. Well… sometimes. Replied: 10/8/16
- Q: I’ve been using ClixSense for near a year now, I’m curious as to if anyone here is a premium member and if they think it is worth the $17. I complete the checklist daily and normally get around $6-10 per day from it, any input would be great.
- A: I thought it was a waste at first, but I upgraded almost a month ago and I’m glad I did. I do have referrals, but even if I didn’t, I would find that it pays for itself in short order if you are active on the site. Since there don’t seem to be as many ads lately, this would mean doing surveys and offers. I don’t do surveys, but the offers are easy. I really only focus on two: “Websites Explorer” under “ClixOffers” and “EngageMe.TV” under “Adscend.” EngageMe.TV runs passively and I let it run all day. So yes, it is worth it because I complete the checklist everyday. As a Premium member, I earn an additional 16% of MY earnings. Replied: 8/22/16
- Q: On ClixSense can you view the videos/ads on a phone or iPad using desktop mode and Buxenger, or do you have to have a computer?
- A: On ClixSense, I have used my Kindle to access the account with no problem. I do this sometimes when I am laying in bed with insomnia. LOL When I do this, I am not using the Buxenger app. I’ve never tried it on my phone, nor do I have an iPad. Replied: 8/22/16
- Q: On earn honey, how many windows do you run On how many computers to get $5 a day? Thinking of getting windows tablet to run it or a cheap computer. I know you have a good computer, but what kind of a less than good computer do you run it on. How did you get it to run finally?
- A: On my main desktop computer that I use all day, I normally have 4 windows of EarnHoney running. I try them all to see what is working best that particular day. (MatchedCars, MeeMD, TVMinutes, etc.) I use Microsoft Edge browser for this, and I have zero extensions, plugins, etc. Just the plain browser itself. I have run even more windows at times, or even less, depending on what else I am working on. It should be noted that I have 16GB of RAM, so I can run lots of things simultaneously. I use Chrome for my main browser, with all sorts of bells and whistles that I enable and disable as needed. I run Swagbucks nCrave videos on an Opera browser window, because that is the only way I can get them to appear. Finally, I use FireFox for the videos I watch on the SwagButton. It took some experimenting, but you will find the right set-up that works for your computer. In addition I have an OLD, Slow@ss laptop, that I run one window of EarnHoney on. If EarnHoney is PMSing, I will do EngageMe.TV or something different on it.
- Q: Do you have thoughts yet on the MyPoints update? I’m not sure how I feel about the video section.
- A: Yes, I have PLENTY of thoughts about the MyPoints update. Many of them rude! LOL I DO plan to do a new review of them as soon as possible. Replied: 10/8/16
- Q: I signed up for my points with your referral and then could not log into my account. For some odd reason and they closed my account. They sent a message saying they had a high volume of tickets and would get back to me. So, I was going to sign up under another email using your referral. And are you allowed to have more than one account per household? Also, you sent me a coupon where if you spent $20 you got $10 back, so if I sign up under a new email and your referral will I get that again?
- A: Is it possible you set up an account long ago and have forgotten about it? It states they only allow one account per person. If not, did you activate the account? Also, check the Spam Folder in your email. From what I can tell, you are allowed to have more than one account per household, just no more than one account per person. Not sure about the coupon — that is something MyPoints sends attached to my invite. Also, you do not need to have a email invitation to sign up. You can do so here, and it will be my referral. Replied: 8/22/16
Slow @ss computer:
- Q: My computer was bought in 2005 so it is kinda slow. I was thinking of looking for a cheap new or used one. Any advice?
- A: Funny you should mention this! I have just upgraded my computer and it makes a world of difference! I am no longer banging my head against the wall, and can multi-task much more efficiently! For instance, at this very moment, I am running Inbox Dollars TV, watching videos on the Swag Button, Watching my swagbucks playlist videos (4 minutes or less), having mTurk auto-capture hits for me, running EarnHoney videos, as well as playing the Swagbucks apps on my Kindle. AND checking my blog and email. SO worth it to get a decent computer. It really will pay for itself it time. Pity I am not one to give advice in this area. My son helped me — actually did ALL of the work. All I know is it has 16 GB of RAM and I can do everything I want to do with zero problems. Replied: 8/22/16
- Q: How many hours per day do you spend in front of your computer?
- All. Freaking. Day. And night. But I love what I am doing!! Honestly, if I had to guess, I’d say between 8 and 10 hours on average. Some days, it’s only an hour or two. Sometimes I’ve spent probably over 14 hours if I am really engrossed in something. My husband said I act like I am late for work when I get up in the morning because I come busting out of the room and make a cup of coffee and sit right down at my computer. That’s because I love what I do and can’t wait to get started, and to see how much I have earned overnight. However, I have a really nice set-up. I’ve turned what was once the dining room into my office. We have an open floor-plan, so I can see the TV in the living room, and I have a huge window in my office I can look out of and spy on the neighbors. I get up throughout the day and walk around. Every so often I take my laptop on our back deck when I want to get my vitamin D and fresh air. And of course, I can leave MomsOffice anytime I like without having to ask anyone. I LOVE MomsOffice! And then, when I can’t sleep, I work in the middle of the night, and I work in the evening while watching TV, because I find it hard to just sit on the couch or my recliner and be idle. Replied: 10/8/16
- Q: Have you ever used a Kindle/tablet on any of these sites?
- A: I don’t own a tablet, but would love to get a Windows Tablet from Santa Claus. <cough-cough> But yes. During the day, I will usually leave my 3 Kindles to play Swagbucks apps and/or PerkTV. If my computer is full of me doing other things, I will play the InstaGC passive videos on my Kindle. I have been known to lay in bed with my insomnia, Kindle in hand, and do what is allowed on some sites that are somewhat Kindle Friendly. Replied: 10/8/16
- I’ll click on ads at ClixSense
- Do Daily Clicks videos at QuickRewards
- Watch TV at InboxDollars
- Look for easy offers on Swagbucks
- Q: I don’t believe I’ve seen you cover taxes. How do you handle taxes from the income you earn from Swagbucks, PrizeRebel, etc.?
- A: Well, this is a touchy subject for some. You are supposed to report ALL income to the IRS. But do most people really report the earnings they get from say, a yard sale? What if you find a $20 bill on the ground? U.S. law requires market research companies based in the U.S. to report any amount over $600.00 paid to an individual over a single calendar year, to the IRS. The good thing is, you can claim a home office deduction, and a portion of your utilities, such as electricity, Internet, phone, etc. This being said, yes I report my earnings on my income taxes. I can’t advise others what to do. But I also take that home office deduction! It’s nice!
- Q: I have been a member of InboxDollars for a while and plan to see if I can get the TV feature to work on my iPad or phone, so thanks for the post about it.
- A: You are welcome! I can’t believe I’ve let all these dollars slip through my fingers, since I’ve only just recently discovered Inbox Dollars TV! I’ve not been successful in getting it to work on my Kindle, and I do not have an iPad. I do have an old laptop that I can set it to go on though, while I work at my desktop. But now that I have a new, super-fast computer, I let it run in a small window all day, until it tells me there are no more. Even when it tells you there are no more, keep refreshing! And refreshing! I often make $2 or more per day using this alone, even though it tells you that $2 is the limit. Replied: 8/22/16
- Q: How long does it take you to earn that much at inbox dollars? (above question)
- A: Well…. If all goes well, just about 3 – 4 hours (I think!). Honestly, I’ve never really paid attention. That’s about 3 hours of the videos actually PLAYING. It’s an all day event of clicking on “continue” when it asks you “Are you still watching?” I may not notice that question for an hour or two sometimes. I just keep on top of it as much as I can throughout the day. Some days InboxDollars TV is in a “mood” and won’t cooperate at all, whether I try it desktop or on mobile. Other days, it runs smooth as silk. That’s when I go over the $2 mark. Some days I cuss it out and turn it off after about 19 cents. But, all I do at Inbox Dollars is “Search” and “TV.” I’m able to cash out at about $40 every few weeks with minimal effort. Replied: 10/8/16
- Q: Does SB TV toolbar work on our kindle? What about the SB apps?
- A: The SwagButton (or Toolbar TV) does not work on the Kindle — to my knowledge anyway. I have a feeling it would work on a Windows Tablet. The SB apps are all on my Kindle. I did have to “side load” them. Replied: 10/8/16
- Q: At Swagbucks, have they ever given you a problem about doing nCraves while you run the mobile apps? Doing one thing at a time takes forever.
- A: Heck no! In fact, you WANT to multi-task! Do as many things at the same time as your heart desires, just don’t do the same thing at the same time. For example, I may watch Sportly.tv on my phone, while I play Indymusic.tv on my Kindle, while I watch SBTV on the desktop Swagbutton app, while I play a video playlist, while I take a survey… whew! Replied: 8/22/16
- Q: I noticed that you sell stuff on eBay. Do you have any tips?
- A: I really had gotten tired of selling things on eBay such as used clothing. All that measuring and describing, etc. What I do now, is find things on clearance and buy in bulk. Also, I won’t sell anything that weighs too much. My favorite things to sell are Christmas ornaments that go on clearance right after the holidays. Some people are in the market for the ones they couldn’t find. But usually, they won’t start selling again until the next season, so you have to store them. Then they fly out of here! However, I keep them listed all year long because some people like to prepare all year long. Also, I sell flat gift wrap sheets and computer stationary. These sell rather well, and can be found on clearance all year through after each holiday. Graduation, Mother’s Day, Christmas, etc. These are easy and lightweight to ship. Coupons. Believe it or not, people buy coupons! Especially ones for baby formula, baby and adult diapers, pet food (think of the crazy cat lady with 20 cats) or whatever item might be on sale currently so they can extreme coupon. I find my things to sell in stores and on-line. The reason I mostly sell new items now is because they are SO much easier to list! I can find the item on line, and copy/paste the description. It often includes the measurements, etc. I got overwhelmed with all my used stuff that was staring at me and waiting to be listed. So I gave it all to Goodwill and started new. Much less stress. Check out my listings here. Replied: 8/22/16